The Live Well Wakefield service offers people the opportunity to become a Live Well Volunteer and be an important part of the service.
What does a Live Well Volunteer do?
- Deliver self-management workshops to people
- Support individuals to access community services, for example social groups.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of residents in the Wakefield district, supporting them to identify what keeps them well.
What do the Live Well Volunteers get out of it?
- Develop new skills which employers and education providers will value, boosting your employment prospects.
- Learn new things and access free training in line with the volunteering role.
- Meet new people and be part of a team.
- Feel rewarded for contributing to a positive change to Wakefield District.
- "The Expert Patient Programme is life-affirming…being a volunteer renews my own sense of hope as well as giving me the opportunity to bring that hope to others”
If you would like to become a Live Well Volunteer, please contact us for more information.
More information about volunteering can be found: