There are many things that can affect a person’s ability to feel healthy, both physically and mentally. We understand this and are able to help and support with a wide range of issues which may be having a negative effect on you, your family or friends.
Our “Live Well Advisors” can listen to what you might be finding difficult in your life and together we can work through the options that may be available to help you.
We are able to meet you at your home, or if you prefer at a venue of your choice, at a time that suits you.
The team have vast experience of supporting adults 18+ through what can be difficult times. Some of the areas where we regular support people are:
- Housing options - Navigating the housing system, how to apply for a property and aids and adaptations to make the current home fit the client.
- Advice around maximising income - Discussing benefit options, exploring employment options and referrals to the Department for Work and Pensions.
- Support around the Health and Social care system - How to access support, criteria for care and what your rights to care are.
- Accessing healthcare services - including the Community nursing service, physiotherapy, registering with a GP and referrals your GP can make on your behalf.
- What to do if you’re struggling with a caring role - Support you are entitled to and where you can get extra support and guidance from.
- Supporting people who need to access specialised services - particularly around mental health and substance/alcohol misuse.
- Working with people who feel they are not listened to - helping to provide a voice, what to do if you are not happy with services you have received.
- Providing opportunities to adults 18+, including those who may feel isolated by society or feel ready to embrace a new challenge and those who need knowledge and support on what is available and how to access that support.
Would you like more information on your alcohol intake?
Fill in a self assessment at: www.mywellcheck.co.uk/wakefield